MHealth uses the availability of mobile technologies to disseminate pro-health education and medical prophylaxis by means of applications that increasingly use advanced technological solutions from new CUIs – conversational user interfaces, or VOIs – voice user interfaces, from chatbots supporting healthcare at treatment centres to neural networks supporting diagnostic decisions of doctors, as the project described below.
Wearables are used on a daily basis in different forms. Having an electronic patient data management system in place, the doctor will also check whether the patient undergoes treatment and – most importantly – evaluate its effect. Based on historical data, the doctor can personalise treatment as never before by using also non-standard, but now well-measurable methods. It also allows for supporting treatment thanks to solutions bringing together new sensors and electronic modules with advanced algorithms analysing information.
Connected living, initially referring to maintaining constant connectivity, is more and more often combined at present with improving medical processes thanks to remote access to educational, diagnostic or rehabilitation services available in various communication channels. Projects using it to develop technology, on the one hand, support information exchange between individual medical ecosystem units and, on the other hand, engage innovative means of communication – such as virtual reality – to more effectively manage therapeutic information and to optimise experts’ time.
The Fund’s smart money proposal in the digital healthcare sector
In the digital healthcare area, the Fund supports projects managed by it through:
- networking with doctors and patients thanks to over 10 years of presence in the lifescience sector; networking in the private healthcare sector and at medical universities and their clinics;
- consultancy in standards for the cybersecurity and compliance of patients’ data with used systems and compliance with new EU regulations
- developing an MVP, developing a Customer Journey Map, security policy, developing service provision regulations for each of addressed markets
- support for and cooperation in User Research, designing market research and testing, supporting traction building, establishing test environments enabling the MVP verification of partnership with healthcare operators to involve them in a project necessary for verifying research and business theses
- assistance in adjusting the scope of relations as part of the project’s challenges to market conditions
- developing a business model, e.g. partnership, an expanded user base – brand diversification, brand licensing, data sales, code sales, API, white label, etc.
- consistent support in subsequent investment rounds.